Pages

27 February 2010

Punta de Piedade Cove

This is at the bottom of that staircase in the picture below. It was a pretty long walk down there and I was a bit warm so I opted for a dip. You'll notice my fine olympic like diving form. Laura wasn't able to get any pictures of me as I cut through the air due to the sheer speed of my triple front flip double twist, but I assure you, it was a thing of beauty. Those guys at Casa Bonita got nothing on me. In any case, it was really cool down there. The whole cove was protected nicely by the pillars and arches you see in the background, but some waves still came in and they would fill up various pools and tubes in the rock behind us creating this really deep sound of rushing water moving through the sandstone. It was a pretty incredible place, essentially playing out the processes of erosion that have created the Algarve's amazing coastline.

No comments:

Post a Comment